Onto a New Chapter

Thursday November 9th, my collegiate volleyball career ended. It is still surreal to me that I will never put on a jersey to compete competitively again. Volleyball the past four years has many highs and lows for me, but honestly I wouldn't ask for it to have gone any differently. My last season was not easy. The team was on a roller coaster with a large hill every other minute. We started off rough, but I think everyone and the team as a whole improved by the end. I will always be eternally grateful that I was able to come back and finish something I had set out to accomplish my freshman year. I am so proud of how much I've grown as a player and person from the struggles I faced physically and mentally while playing volleyball. I don't think I would have the ambition for the next chapter in my life if it weren't for how my last several seasons played out. I've always known that I wanted to coach volleyball, but after this last season with the help of several people I now know that I want to coach a collegiate team. I'm not really sure where this ambition will take me yet, but I know have multiple people that will help guide and support me while I get there. 

Cheers to the next chapter, never having to wake up at 6am for another workout and to my mom's pudding shots!
Senior Night 2018

When I committed to play at ONU in 2015


Comments

  1. Taylor,

    Volleyball was my favorite sport to play in high school. To this day, I miss playing and competing. I think it is great you have had the opportunity to continue your career throughout college! I can imagine how emotional ending your collegiate career is! I think coaching would be a great step to take next to share your passion and get a couple passes in as well!

    Good luck!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story Taylor, I have very mixed feelings about my final season coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last season is feeling the same way, not really sure what to feel. The lacrosse guys loved coming to the volleyball games. For sure one of our favorite teams to support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ending a sports season is hard. Be thankful for the experience and use that in your career forward. I enjoyed ONU volleyball games and taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to come back for a last season even if you were injured near the end. It always sucks when things like sports come to an end but hopefully you can find a women's league after college! Or like you said maybe some coaching. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts