Life Going Into Senior Year

It has been two years since my last blog post and my life has been moving at a rapid pace. I'm not really sure how college is about to be over and that is absolutely terrifying. A couple things have really stood out as major events in my life recently and I'd like to share them.

Volleyball:
I'm really proud to say I am back on the Ohio Northern volleyball team. Losing volleyball earlier on than I had anticipated was extremely tough. I dedicated a lot of time to work on my physical and mental health to get back to a place where I felt comfortable asking if I could rejoin the team. 

I'm coming back into the sport and having to take on a completely new role than what I've played in the past. This season was really tough in the beginning for me mentally, but now I've come to truly understand how every role, no matter how small, on a team has a huge impact. Every team needs players that are there to cheer others on and help make the whole team better. I was a player that never sat the bench before and this year I might not see the court that often during games, but I'm growing as a person and a player from this new role. I'm excited to see how our season goes and hope we have a lot of success for my last season! 

Summer 2018:
This summer had some ups and downs. My internship didn't go as expected, but I grew a clot closer with my grandparents and went on an awesome vacation. During the week of the Fourth of July I was in Cancun, Mexico with my grandparents and boyfriend. I've gone to Mexico twice before, but this was the first time I went off our resort for some fun activities. We went snorkeling, zip lining, driving through a jungle, went for a seaweed wrap spa treatment and deep-sea fishing. We also got to experience watching Mexico play Brazil in the World Cup while there and it was a very exciting and fun atmosphere in the resort's sports bar. My grandma also won a vodka chugging contest against some younger people because she's a total boss. Overall, the trip was the best part of my summer, even when I was terrified on a zip line and Sam was purposely twisting us around and when there was a 4-foot barracuda right below me during our snorkeling adventure.



Comments

  1. Great post! I love that your grandma won a vodka chugging contest! lol Also, so happy for you and your return to volleyball! Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts