Sources To Feed The Content Monsters

Guy Kawasaki in the second chapter of his book The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users talks about feeding your social media followers by using curation and aggregation. In this tip he lists 13 sites he recommends to use. I visited each of these sites and picked out my top five favorites to use. I hope you can use these sites help you stay up to date and give you plenty of things to share!

My Top Five:
1. Alltop: I liked Alltop the best because of the possibility of customization and the option to still search without creating an Alltop page. There is many different ways to search the site including selecting a letter in the alphabet, featured topics, your recently viewed and other categories that are given in the navigation bar. Their homepage is also categorized and if you hover over an article you will be shown a summary.

2. NPR: The reason this site is number two on my list is because of the diversity of topics, the layout of the page that has descriptions and pictures to go with the articles, and how frequently it updates. I also love how easy it is to navigate and use. I like sites that I don't have to sign up for and I can just scroll through and get lost in reading about new or interesting things. 

3. TED: TED Talks are number three on my list because of how this site is full of videos on overwhelming amount of topics. This is different than other sites because you are listening and watching a real person instead of reading. The videos are straight to the point because of the time limits. The topics discussed are more memorable in my opinion because you have the visuals and audio of the videos. 

4. Google Scholar: Google Scholar came in at fourth on my list because it is extremely easy to use and search for anything. My favorite feature is the ability to save articles in "your library", which makes researching and choosing an article easier and makes your window less cluttered with an excess amount of opened tabs.

5. Feedly: What I enjoyed about Feedly was how you search for key words and pick what you want to follow in different folders. It is very organized and you can completely customize what you want to be reading and following. 

Comments

  1. I would have to agree with these five sites to be my favorite out of the list as well! As a business major NPR is very relevant to my life because several professors stress that we listen to NPR or read NPR. TED is used as many examples and is a very good way to expand your knowledge or obtain a lot of knowledge in just a short amount of time. This again is something that I am very familiar with, so by default it is one of my favorites on the list. The other three would be preferred personally over the others for the same reasons that you preferred them actually! Maybe we agree so well on this because we are both business majors but maybe it was just a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts