Have You Noticed Twitter's Dislike Button?

You can now dislike individual Tweets; this option isn't exactly new either, it's been around for around a year now! Before this option was available when you didn't like a Tweet your options were to mute or unfollow the person. Now in the top right drop down menu on an individual Tweet may give you the option "I don't like this Tweet".

Twitter very quietly released this feature and when they've been questioned about an exact date of the release they remain silent. Not all Tweets have this option and the writer of this Mashable article said that the option is not consistent on his timeline. I went through Tweets on my timeline to test out the consistency and I found that I was seeing the dislike option more often than not. It could be different for every person and depend on the Tweets on your timeline. Another cool feature is that you can undo your dislike if you change your mind! By disliking Tweets it helps Twitter show you more or less of what you would like to see pop up on your timeline. 

What are your thoughts on the dislike option? Thoughts on how Twitter hid the feature? Have you seen or used it before? Do you think other social platforms should have a dislike option? 







Comments

  1. Wow! I didn't know that this was a thing. I am wondering if hitting that button on Twitter is similar to reporting something on Facebook. I don't spend a lot of time on Twitter and I usually just unfollow people if they annoy me, but I'm glad Twitter is trying to tailor my feed to things that I want to see. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts