The Importance of Reviews and Ratings

This past Saturday I attended my first social media workshop. I have to admit that at first when signing up for the workshop I wasn't that excited to go (mainly because the length of it) but after sitting in the first session I was extremely happy I decided to stick with it. The work shop had five different speaker sessions (I wasn't able to stay for all of them because of work), but the sessions I did listen in on were packed full of new information and opened my eyes to what I need to be studying more and be apart of to prepare myself for the future. I really enjoyed the speakers I listened to; Daniel Lemin's keynote was a great way to start off the event and one of my favorite sessions. 

Daniel Lemin: Manipurated

Here are some key points I thought were interesting or important. He mainly stressed the importance of ratings and reviews:

manipurated.com
  • one-third of searches start on Google and 75 percent of Yelp's traffic comes from Google.
  • People trust reviews more than they trust their family and friends. 
  • The magic star rating is 4.2 (5 stars is not believable) 
  • 5 Long-Term Categories:
    • 1. Know where to see and be seen
    • 2. Make every review count
    • 3. Keep it fresh
    • 4. Show off great reviews
    • 5. Know when, why and how to seek help
  • Balance 
  • Power
  • Brand

Daniel Lemin also has a book that gives more insight on the importance of ratings and reviews. 

Comments

Popular Posts