My Live Tweeting Experience

My Storify
I chose to attend a World Student Organization meeting for a live tweeting assignment. 

World Student Organization Background:

  • WSO is an organization meant to bridge the gap between Ohio Northern's domestic and international students. They hold events and activities that are culturally relevant for all students. WSO stresses the importance and strength of diversity.


What I Took Away From The Experience:

  • This particular meeting, due to it being a Monday on a busy week, had a low attendance and was substantially shorter than normal meetings. 
  • The main thing I took away from the meeting was that WSO tries to show their members different aspects of cultures and to form friendships among their members. 
  • The meeting is a friendly setting and mainly covers their upcoming events
Upcoming Events:
  • Multicultural Fair this Friday 5pm to 8pm in the Kinghorn gym
    • there will be many booths for different cultures; including great food and activities
  • WSO group dinner at Viva Maria's Saturday 
    • this is for their members to experience American culture through Jazz
    • there will be a well known Jazz artist playing Saturday night
To find out more details about Monday's meeting check out my Storify! The meeting taught us a new version of Rock Paper Scissors!

Comments

  1. I have to admit, it was nice to see a group get together and just build friendships on different cultures. It would be nice to see what a full meeting would look like. The game they played was a little weird though. I think I will stick to the normal version of rock, paper, scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, it was nice to see a group get together and just build friendships on different cultures. It would be nice to see what a full meeting would look like. The game they played was a little weird though. I think I will stick to the normal version of rock, paper, scissors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts