Spring Break Review

Without knowing what exactly others did for their spring break, I would say I had the best spring break. My boyfriend and I did not have any plans when we arrived in Columbus; we knew of some places we wanted to go, but nothing was completely set in stone. The two-and-a-half days we spent in Columbus were completely successful and full of unexpected fun. 

Tuesday:
  • When we arrived at our hotel the receptionist asked if we were in Columbus for the concert. We had no idea Panic! At The Disco was playing a show Tuesday night; we bought tickets as soon as we got settled into our room. I knew of both the opening bands and I have seen Panic before (still to this day best band to see live in my opinion), so I was overly excited. Seeing Misterwives, one of the opening acts, was something to check off my bucket list (I cried at the concert because I was so happy). Below is my favorite song by Misterwives and I've linked their YouTube if you're invested in hearing more!

  • On Tuesday we also tried a restaurant on my list that I had put together for places to go to. Marcella's is at the top of my list for best Italian food. Their chicken Parmesan had too many flavors to pinpoint, their marinara sauce was incredible, and their calamari (something I have never ever liked) blew my mind. The service was also incredible and made our experience even better. I HIGHLY recommend anyone going to Columbus to try Marcella's.
Wednesday:
  • This was our busiest day. We started our Wednesday adventures by visiting the Chocolate Café (I talked about this in my last post). The café completely lived up to my expectations. We ordered chocolate and caramel truffles, ice cream that was made in town, and a caramel hot chocolate. I would've loved to try more, but my wallet said no. 
  • Our next stop was Easton Town Center for some window shopping and to eat at Texas De Brazil. This restaurant is not vegetarian friendly; to summarize what happens, you flip a disc to either the red or green side to signal for servers with skewers of different meats to come to your table and slice a piece or more onto your plate. There were around 10 different meat options including lamb chops, ribs, sirloin, chicken wrapped in bacon, fillet mignon, and a house special (that was our favorite). Not only was there an amazing meat selection they also offered a huge sale bar and soups (the soup of the day was an incredible lobster bisque). To finish off our dinner, a platter of desserts was brought to our table to choose from (I chose the most chocolatey option, which was amazing). Our check was cringe-worthy, but completely worth every penny.

  • The big finale of our trip was an Excision concert (Excision is very grimy/trap/edm music and his shows include crazy visuals on the stage). The only word to describe this show is 'nuts'. The bass from the music vibrated your nostrils and the lights and visuals were mind-blowing.  



I didn't get to go to every place on my list, but this trip, overall, was incredible. My expectations were  fulfilled or exceeded and I wouldn't have wished my break to be any different (but maybe a little longer and if I was a millionaire so I could've spent more at the Chocolate Café).

Comments

  1. Sometimes the unplanned trips are the best ones! I am glad to see you had a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed your spring break. I would agree that sometimes unexpected trips are the best! I am beyond excited to try the restaurants you went to. They sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing! I hope the rest of your adventures are just as enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts