Claire's and Social Media



My Podcast 
When I'm scrolling through the majority of social media platforms my feed is always littered with advertisements from retail stores or brands. I have worked at Claire's for about three years now and I have just begun to become aware of their social media accounts and how they use them to interact with their customers. I did some light research and found which of their accounts had the largest followings and then I looked into the accounts of the celebrities and social media influences they partner with to promote. Claire's works with Jojo Siwa frequently because she has her own line of products sold at Claire's stores, which are extremely popular; they have also been working with bloggers like Josie, Becca Rose, Gina Box, and Sophie Hannah Richardson to promote different Claire's products and stores. 



I Interviewed my store manager, Michelle Gaston for my Podcast; Michelle has been with the company for around 10 years now and works very closely with out district manager and also has a good relationship with the regional manager. She is often the go-to manager in our district for other stores when they have questions and she helps train other store managers.  I asked her 4 questions and I'd like to high light some points from her two of her answers that I really agreed with. 

2. Do you think it encourages customers to shop more?
  • (from her answer to question 1) "I would say 95% o four customers (or more) don't come in with prior knowledge of the online or social media offers..."
  • "I don't honestly get much feedback from customers that the reason they are in shopping at our store is due to social media. Hardly at all, in fact."
3. Is there anything else social media wise you think Claire's should change or be doing that would create more sales?
  • instant discount for a customer deciding to sign-up for Claire's emails or social media while they are in-store. (the customer would need to prove they followed a Claire's social media account)
    • I think this is a great idea and have seen this being used in other stores successfully, especially when customers sign up for emails. If a discount incentive is offered a customer is more likely to say yes to giving us their email. (which we struggle at collecting because many people don't want their inboxes spammed)
If you are interested in hearing Michelle's responses to all four of my questions please listen to my Podcast, which is linked above through the caption on the Podcast image. 



Comments

Popular Posts