When I'm Stressed...



The past couple of days have been extremely stressful for me. It's my first week of tests, quizzes and projects for this semester and I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. This year has been difficult for me because I've always used volleyball and physical activity as my stress reliever, but that hasn't been possible for almost a year now. I've had to find different outlets to relieve my stress; recently I've been drawing or painting, which is something I had done less and less since high school. (my high school art teacher almost convinced me to be an art major) Art hasn't been my only stress reliever this year, so I thought I would share my top 5 ways to chill out and then some pictures of what I've been doodling lately.

1. Drawing, painting, coloring books while listening to music

2. Writing out my thoughts or any quotes/song lyrics that speak to me

3. Reorganizing something in my room (Recently I've completely organized my makeup by type into separate pouches, all inside of one, big pouch.  I've also at one point color coded my closet in rainbow order)


4. Watching a movie/TV show (I prefer a Disney or sappy/happy movie to de-stress and the show This Is Us because it's honestly one of THE best shows I've ever watched, so I highly recommend)



5. Reading a book or catching up on my Snapchat Discovery subscriptions with a hot cup of coffee/hot coco/tea (I'm also a total bookworm and once got grounded from reading)

I somewhat consider hurting my hip as a blessing because it has forced me to go back to things I used to be passionate about and has made my room seriously organized. If you have any suggestions on some other ways to de-stress or have some awesome things you do, please share!

Comments

  1. I also do some of these activities when I am stressed. I love to draw, and I also like to watch Netflix when I am stressed and need to take a break. Currently I am on the third season of Cheers. If you have not watched this show, it is a great stress reliever because it is old comedy. In all honesty it gets kind of dull, and you will get motivated to get back to your work. The last thing I do to relieve stress is to play video games. If you have a gaming system, play a couple games, and you will have relieved all stress that has been built up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My go to when stressed is cleaning. I seem to feel very stressed tonight and unfortunately I cleaned my room this morning. I wish I had waited to clean. The other thing I do is watch YouTube videos. Only when there is absolutely nothing I can do to lower the stress level like actual work. One of my favorites is called Ghost in the Stalls and I highly recommend it when you need a laugh. Other than that I like to deal with stress head on and remove whatever is causing the stress otherwise it will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to you so much. Throughout high school I was always active in sports, but that was not the case when coming to college. I have had to find new ways to relieve my stress. One way I do so is through coloring. I seriously love it so much. I probably have 4-5 coloring books in my dorm room and the large pack of crayola markers. Whenever I need time to just relax and destress I always put on some music and color for awhile. It is very reassuring to know that I am not the only one that feels this way sometimes and has to resort to art as a stress relief. Thanks for sharing and best of luck with the rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working out is a huge stress reliever for me...I just really hate working out. Most of the time, dance is my stress reliever. It's nice if you can find an activity that allows you to solely focus on that until your mind has had enough time to rest. I've had a lot of people give me those stress relieving coloring books and I haven't had the chance to try them yet. I'm glad they work for you! I also really enjoy organizing things. Making lists and crossing things off as I do them relieves stress for me. I'm glad that you are able to manage your stress and remain happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. college is defiantly a stressful time, trying to balance work, grades, a social life, and the necessities of sleep. Most of the time I feel like you're only allowed to pick three. I have found that I'm a stress cleaner. My life gets pretty hectic and my room gets a little messy running in and out to get what I need done so normally "spring cleaning" comes about eight times a year at my house. I'm talking shampooing carpets, washing walls, oiling wood work. I may be a tad crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts