Will You Buy Snapchat Spectacles?

 Purchase Spectacles 
Snapchat Spectacles have recently become available to purchase online. They previously were only available in secret locations and one semi-permanent location in New York City, which has now closed. The secret dispensing bots will still drop in various locations around the United States, but is taking a short break. The Mashable article I linked below also has a list of Snapchat bots, so find one near you!

The Spectacles come in three different colors: coral, black, and teal. You press a button on the glasses to start recording a 10 second Snap. When you're recording a light comes on to show others you are using them. The glasses wirelessly add the snaps you record to Memories on your Snapchat. 

When reading this article on Mashable I was thinking about how I would love to purchase these but how big of a hole is it going to dig in my pocket? Snapchat Spectacles are selling for $129.99, which means I will not be purchasing them anytime soon. Don't forget about the charger you will need to keep your Spectacles; you can choose between a basic cable and a fancy charging case. 
If you you haven't heard or looked into Snapchat Spectacles watch the video below and then let me know if you want to buy them, are going to buy them, or any other thoughts you have!
There is also a video in Mashable's article of the first recorded surgery using the Spectacles, so if you're not squeamish take a look at that video also! (there is a lot blurred out so it's not that awful to watch)

Comments

  1. The Snapchat Spectacles are a great idea! Sadly, my life is not to the level of excitement needed to have these. My boring life will only require the normal way of posting on Snapchat, through my camera on my phone. Plus I already have a set of prescription glasses. So I would look a little odd with two pairs of glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting and I had never heard of Spectacles until just now reading your post. Personally, I would not be willing to spend that much money on them, but I would like to see somebody wearing them in person. I am already terrible with using Snapchat, so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to invest in these. I will also stick to the boring routine of just using my phone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of these! What an interesting concept by Snapchat. I personally would not purchase these spectacles because I am perfectly content with using my phone to post on snapchat and I can't see spending $130 to make posting on Snapchat easier. I am sure there are many that would love this convenic but I am one that does not see it necessary. Thanks for sharing Snapchat's newest item!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts