Did You Send an Embarrassing Instagram DM? Here's How to Fix It

While I was going through my discovery page on snapchat yesterday I read an
This Is How to Unsend Instagram DMs
article on Cosmopolitan that somewhat blew my mind. I read through my discovery subscriptions daily and the majority of the time I'm reading articles that are funny, cute, an maybe have a couple tiny bits of new information that I hadn't known before. Basically this article shed light on something I had no idea was possible. Have you ever wished you could unsend a DM on Instagram, because that is exactly what Cosmopolitan explains in their article. Sliding in Twitter DMs is definitely more popular, but it's not uncommon to use Instagram DMs. There have been multiple times I wish I had known about this and I think this would've been helpful for my boyfriend, who back before we were dating sent some seriously cheesy pick-up lines. (yes, I hacked his account and I know that's creepy girlfriend status, but I told him.) So, below I will explain how exactly to unsend an Instagram DM!

1. Go to your messages and select the conversation; find the message you wish to act like it never happened.
2. Tap and hold the message. A pop up should come up and ask if you want to unsend the message. 
3. Tap unsend and boom, no more embarrassing message. Pretty simple.

The only bad news about this feature is if they have already read the message there's nothing you can do to make them forget what they read. So, this is definitely something you need to do ASAP if you regret your DM or think it isn't clever enough. I hope this somewhat blew your mind like it did mine and who else thinks this would be a great feature for other social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook?

Comments

  1. This is totally awesome Taylor. I love learning new things about sites that I had been using for years. I will say I hardly every use Instagram or Twitter direct messaging. I actually have only used the Instagram DM with my roommate when she sends me random funny pictures. I'm going to have to try it sometime. Now if only they could delete Snaps that were sent to the wrong person that would save me a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said, this blew my mind. I did not know that you could unsend messages. I don't know how many times I have accidentally sent people the wrong messages on Instagram because I sometimes get overly excited about a cute photo I found. This is going to be beyond helpful for me and my future excited self. Thank you so much for enlightening me and preventing future awkward moments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts