Review

Now that I have finished The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users I thought I would look back at my favorite chapters and why I liked them so much. (the whole book was full of great tips, but a couple chapters stood out to me.)

Chapter 1: How to Optimize Your Profile
- The main reason I like this chapter is because it's the basics to creating a successful and professional looking social media profile. It explains the basics that every person should know. The chapter had many things I already knew, but did teach me that I can view my profile in incognito mode to view what others see when looking at my account. 

Chapter 2: How to Feed the Content Monster
-My favorite part of this chapter is the resources Guy Kawasaki lists in tip 15 to piggyback on curation and aggregation services; I use Alltop almost daily now.
-I also really like the quote at the beginning of the chapter: "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." -Mark Twain

Chapter 3: How to Perfect Your Posts
-Tip 23 Be Valuable explains the four forms of "good stuff", information, analysis, assistance, and entertainment, which I wasn't aware of before. 
-I thought the table in tip 24 was extremely useful and gave great examples on how to keep a brand interesting for all of its followers.
- This chapter was full of many great tips, which is why it is one of my favorites. The picture to the right was also given in this chapter and has helped me come up with titles for some of my own posts.

Chapter 11: How to Optimize for Individual Platforms
-I like how this chapter breaks down each individual social media platform. It taught me multiple things I had no clue about before reading the chapter. I did not know about Facebook Insights, I'm clueless when it comes to Google+, I was unaware that you could rotate your Pinterest boards and pins, I had no idea what SlideShare was at all, and I didn't know about the ".@" trick to allow everyone to view my response on Twitter.



Comments

Popular Posts